Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 15: Brave new world

Returning to the place of birth.  Severe lights, no blanket.  And the hands of strangers.  The birth of a baby is a funny thing anymore.  My own mother was also sedated while I was pulled out by metal and then brought to the nursery where I spent my first twelve hours in a plastic bed.  My father told me he was able to look at me through glass.  A callous entry, though a common occurrence: placenta to plastic, dark to light, warm to cold, blood to air.  Science.  

My sister’s baby was born today, July 8, at 4:53 PM in North Shore LIJ hospital in Manhasset, NY.  Tyler Thomas.  Sun in Cancer in the 8th house conjunct the south node, and Pluto on the north.  Gemini moon.  A Scorpio rising by the skin of his teeth.  And thus another plutonian being enters the world.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulating congratulations to little Tyler Thomas.

    ReplyDelete