Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 11: Tea

Suffering.  Stop.  Separate.  Self-ness.  

Staying.  a Sanctuary.   

Recorded words.  Words that breathe into my ears as basil comes to me in a warm wind.  A scent.  And then pine cones tumble.  A piano, a woman’s voice, drifts through the open door. I ponder my essential self, but through skin, not mind.

What is missing?  A mound of petals.

***
This commitment to daily writing is both guiding and restricting.  Very Saturn in that way. On one hand, I cannot flee.  I am forced to cultivate mindful moments from which to draw upon.  On the other, in moments of opportunity, I run ahead of myself, seeking words to describe and form product, which inhibits.  The blog both invites process and denies it.  

But I notice.  And invite Mara to tea, embracing what he brings me today.  Frustration does not lift, but it moves aside to make room for other things.  

Wholeness is both light and dark.


Listening to: Tara Brach: Longing to Belong today



No comments:

Post a Comment